Maryland BMWCCA License Plate Question

I sent a check for $25 about 3 months ago to a fellow on the digest's
friend in Columbia MD who was collecting checks (I guess) in a campaign to
get BMWCCA license plates available from Maryland's MVA.  I asked this
person in the attached note to let me know ASAP what the status of this is,
as I hated sending a check for $25 with no name filled out on it yet (I
wasn't sure who to make it out to).  I haven't heard from this gentleman or
received any e-mails about it (nor do I have his phone # or name and
address any longer), and I don't believe the check has been cashed either,
so I'm in limbo.  Does anyone out there know who this gentleman is, or
would the original poster of this information e-mail me back privately, so
I can resolve this issue?!  I just want to know if these plates are going
to be available, what time frame we're looking at, and if they aren't going
to be available, to mail back my check!  Thanks.
Steve Robinson  Silver Spring, MD
1995 740i (awaiting a Md. plate with BMWCCA on it!)
1988 911