Detector scam idea. and V1??

I know there was some earlier threads about the V1 / other detectors
being illegal in VA and I hope I'm not being redundant in my
thoughts....

I was thinking since the only way it was legal to have a detector in VA
was to have it and/or the power cord in the trunk.  So I was thinking,
why not just toss back there some old detector you might have laying
around the garage and if (god forbid) you were ever pulled over and the
cop asks you for your detector, (Hopefully you've already pulled it off
your windshield and stuffed it and the powercord under your seat), you
can just tell/show him that you knew the law and put it in the trunk
before you entered the state.

I wonder if this would make him "second guess" himself and let your off
thinking he nabbed the wrong car? (Obviously unless you're the only car
on the road...)

Now on more specific topic, the Valentine 1.  I keep hearing about
people thinking about getting one and the price is pretty steep.  I was
wondering if anyone was/ or has been successful in pulling off some sort
of group purchase and getting some good discounts??  (regretfully, I'm
not volunteering)

Let us know!!  TIA

- --Mike
  96 328is BL/SS/ERK