re: "check engine" light on '94 530i

Steve Tribble
>very nice '94 530i with 90k on it.  It has run perfect since purchase except
>for a couple of weeks ago my check engine light came on.

>>It came on again today.  can anyone tell me what this means or if you have
>had the same problem.  thanks for any help.

Most likely are the oxygen sensors and, lucky you, your car has two of them
and they aren't cheap.  The BMW diagnostic machine can tell you if they are
at fault and if you need one or two.  A common problem on the V8s,
especially if they've had lots of starts and stops (like an auction).  Be
sure to check out your engine to see if your block needs replacement before
you bump into the end of your 6yr/100,000 mile engine warranty very soon.

- -Phil