<< Date: Sun, 13 Dec 1998 14:25:43 -0600
 From: "Scott Johnson" <sjohnson@domain.elided>
 Subject: RE: Electronic Gadgets

 >Strong liability issue here.  SD

 It absolutely floors me that we still allow people to run from the
 police for hours, usually (it seems) until they wreck their car or run
 out of gas. Meanwhile they're putting hundreds of innocent people
 (and our law enforcement officers) at risk, which to me seems like
 the huge liability issue. Why can't we enable the police to disable
 these vehicles by _any_means_necessary_  as soon as it's clear?
 We just need in-car cameras for the police to cover their butts
 legally, and miniguns firing incendiary ammo to take out the bad
 guys.

 BMW content: New M5's would make great pursuit vehicles.

 - -Scott Johnson
  87 BMW 325is - money pit/autocrosser
  95 Contour SE - wife's BTCC car