RE: Electronic Gadgets

>I think they recently passed a law (in these parts) to the effect
>that "hot persuit" could only be initiated if there was a suspected
>fleeing felon - makes sense to me.

Me too.

> Last thing I want is for someone opening fire (with an incendiary
>device no less) on the public highway because the fella he was
>"chasing" was on the way to the hospital with his pregnant wife or
>some kids taking their parents car for a joy ride.

When inexperienced drivers attempt to flee from police, their
vehicle becomes a weapon, one that is capable of killing anyone in
it's path. Giving trained and experienced law enforcement officers
the means to disable these vehicles and/or drivers quickly and with
little risk to the public is a good IMHO. Give people adequate
warning to pull over, and after that _they've_ made the choice to
have the chase come to an end.

The guy with the pregnant wife needs to pull over, as do the kids
out for a joyride.

- -Scott Johnson
 87 BMW 325is - money pit/autocrosser
 95 Contour SE - wife's BTCC car