RE: Electronic Gadgets

>Strong liability issue here.  SD

It absolutely floors me that we still allow people to run from the
police for hours, usually (it seems) until they wreck their car or run
out of gas. Meanwhile they're putting hundreds of innocent people
(and our law enforcement officers) at risk, which to me seems like
the huge liability issue. Why can't we enable the police to disable
these vehicles by _any_means_necessary_  as soon as it's clear?
We just need in-car cameras for the police to cover their butts
legally, and miniguns firing incendiary ammo to take out the bad
guys.

BMW content: New M5's would make great pursuit vehicles.

- -Scott Johnson
 87 BMW 325is - money pit/autocrosser
 95 Contour SE - wife's BTCC car