<E28 M5> Radiator Repair or Replace?

Hey Everyone-

I could really use the help of the assembled Bimmer wisdom yet again.
About two weeks after having finally gotten around to changing all the
coolant hoses on my '88 M5, I went out to the garage tonight to find that
the Millenium Falcon had made a mess on the floor. Turns out that the
entire upper radiator hose barb/nipple has cracked off, apparently (and
thankfully) after I parked the car. I guess maybe I tightened that hose
clamp with a wee bit too much gusto, or the ten year old plastic was just
a bit too crispy.

I've heard that I can have this aluminum/plastic radiator flushed,
cleaned, and the plastic tanks replaced for much less than the ~ $600 an
OEM replacement runs. I was asking around at the time because the radiator
had already had a slow leak at the passenger side tank seam. What are your
opinions on going this route? Can I get some recommendations for a
radiator shop that does good work in the South Bay (CA)? Or would it just
be better to eat the cost of the new radiator?

Oh well, at least now I've got an excuse to get in there and change those
leaking oil cooler hoses....

Thanks for the help!

Rick Koo
CCA #160743