<E30> How to secure tool chest in trunk?

Hello,

I like to keep a big tool chest and a socket set in my car, in case
something will need fixing along the way. These objects seems to have a
tendency to fly around in the trunk though and hit the sides of the car.
This bothers me.

Do you have a good way of securing your tool chest or similar stuff? I'm
thinking of using bunge (bungy?) cords to tie things to the front of the
trunk. What's a good way of making attachments for the bunge cords?

Thanks!

Michiel (87 325es 143k)