Re: Rent-A-Car

Duane Wrote:
>Dave,
>
>I would think the insurance issue would be a huge obstacle - liability
only.
>No way are you going to get collision for these - you'd be on your own
for
>that.
>
> Normally, when you rent a racecar, you are also responsible for any
crashes
>and mechanical failures as the person renting the car.  That's a big
>dampner, too.  For example, TC Kline rents his Z3's for Club Racing.
About
>$ 2,500.00 for a weekend. You crash it - you buy it.  You blow it up -
you
>buy it.  Not many guys renting for driver's schools are going to want
to pay
>you for a new engine or the whole car if they flip it.  And, would you
want
>to chase them through the courts to collect as well?
>
>Plus, you'll be working on the car all the time.  Tires and brake pads
in
>particular.  Misshift and there goes the engine.  Several driver's
schools
>won't even allow rental cars (NCC for one).
>
>I suppose you could set up a rental program if your werer determined
enough,
>but I'm betting this would be a rather difficult project and the
financial
>gains, if any, would be minimal.
>
>Duaen Collie

First of all I guess too many rolling rocks make you spell your own name
wrong... BURP

I rent MY Z3 for autocross events and coming up in march for the minimal
fee of $15 I'll throw in the official "I beat Duane Collie in A stock Z3
T-shirt" hurry up orders are piling up,,, operators are standing by

Jeff
or is that Jfef