Invici-Shield

> I saw a problem on
>some of my previous vehicles and see this product as a solution to minimize
>the damage.  I'm just telling you it's out there and it was worth it to
*me*.
>Everybody else has to decide the value of whether or not to use it for
>themselves
>
>Mark Sipe

I've been using the 3M variant on my car for over a year now, since the
Bambi repaint. I used a small 4 INCH strip kit and did limited sections of
the car, as like Mark, I was seeing rock chips and abrasion marks aft of the
wheels when on R compound tires.  Stuff works.  You can see the break 'line'
wherer the material ends, after all - you are laying on a material that has
some thickness, thin as it may be.  This will make you concours guys go
nuts, but if you can live with the slight visual speedbumps of the material
(and they are slight), then this WILL save your paint.

For DYI'ers you can get a small kit for about $ 25.00 that is 4" x 75" at
any Auto Paint Body Shop Supply store.  Not much harder to install than
those decals you used to put on model airplanes as a kid.  3M calls it
"Scotchcal" and its part # 84904. There's enough there to get the most
critical areas.

Duane Collie