Re: Invinca-Shield

Mark Sipe wrote about putting saran wrap on the front of his new Z-3 to
protect it from kamikaze bugs and rocks.   I have heard of Invinca shield
from somewhere, maybe because it's in NC and I'm in NC.    But my point is,
my question is, does anyone else out there think that any kind of coating
on the paint will:

a)  prevent the paint from curing at the same rate as the uncovered
sections?
b)  block some UV rays, thereby causing the paint to fade slower than the
uncovered sections?
c)  look silly?
d)  possibly curl up or tear as it ages?

My point is, Mark, I think that the paint will age differently covered than
uncovered.   Please post back in a few years when you take it off and let
us know!  If I was wrong, then I'll buy you a beer at the next Octoberfest.
Some good German beer, made in South Carolina.

This reminds me of when I was in college, and as an experiment I used some
vinyl top wax on only half of the roof of my car (Olds Cutlass).   Sure
enough, years later, half of the roof looked better than the other half.
Problem was, I forgot which half I waxed.

Michael