Re: Reply: <E36>Followup note to Sachs

I dont know!  Thats why Im asking this worldwide forum! I've never
even heard of 'Auto-Bild" magazine. Bekkers claims the Sachs Kit
lowers the car appr 1.25 inches (30mm) while retaining optimimum ride
comfort, safety, full load ground clearance, and straight line
tracking.  (They said it, not me.)

But on a seperate but related note, Bekkers also carries the
Sachs/Boge Gas shocks, which are standard equipment on most BMW's.
The ad for these shocks/struts indicates that their design "lends
itself for use with stock springs as well as with the Eibach lowering
springs".

I've heard that using lowering springs with stock struts/shocks is an
alleged no-no.  That the struts and shocks will quickly wear out.
That the shocks/sturts have to be "tuned" for aftermarket springs.  I
also recall reading the digest archives awhile back, and a long-time
digester, who is knowledgeable in modifying BMW's (I swear I cant
recall precisely who it is) mentioned that he used a set of Eibachs
with his stock struts, and they worked just fine.

So, any comments on this?  When the spring hits, I will actually get
around to some mild suspension mods, but for now, I figured BMW
suspension would make as good a topic as any on the digest.  Again.

Ron Browne
1992 318is
Bowie, MD