To URL or not to URL

On the one hand, we as digesters are urged not to use this forum
any more than necessary. People have been flamed for not first
consulting the F.A Q. file before posting, all to limit usage.
    Now on the other hand we are contemplating a sticker on
public display which is inviting every curios sole to "log on".
    While the intentions are good regarding other bimwads who
just don't know about the digest, please be aware of the potential
amount of worthless post. The digest has been refereed to as a
"family" in the past and you will be inviting the whole public with
everything that it can offer.
    Please go find alt.auto.bmw and browse 100 post or so. Hell
ask B.A. (this man deserves a medal) he has answered 100's-1000's
of post in-between all the other crap, such as "When I by a bmw
which chip, ranch or cheddar cheese?" or "My ford cobra is better
engineered than any bmw " which will often turn into verbal cursing
exchanges with no rhyme or reason, and can go on for 20-30
consecutive posts. Ye Ha, are we having fun yet.
    Why not a symbol basic symbol with class and tack.  It is
after all, for us to recognize other digesters in our travel and life's
endeavors. If you want to advertise for more family, try the Roundel
or other similar publications so it stays in the family.

- --Martin