Re: E28 535i experiences

>David asks:

>I am curious how many miles can be expected from a 1985 535i with 5
speed
>be expected?

My 85' 535i has 157kmiles on it and I drive it like a ferret after
drinking a double espresso.  I autocross, go to Summit Point, and drive
it to work.  It's my daily driver/fun car.  I did have to rebuild the
stupid autotranny two years ago.  It's a great car and you should expect
to get long miles out of it *IF* you take care of it now!  They can be
needy but if done properly (read: lot's of money) they will last well
into 200+kmiles.  Use synthetic oil everywhere you can.  Enjoy your
screeeemmerrr Bimmmer.

Curt Kiser
BMW CCA #118507 Tidewater Virginia Chapter
85' 535i - Sharked but has a STUPID automatic tranny
86' 325 - Wife's 4 door kid-mobile