bmw-digest V9 #667 -Reply

Carlos Lopez wrote:

Subject: Re: OK corral shootout

<snip>

Hey Duane saw some pics of your car in a Fikse album they had over at
Car Nutz (Wa), guessing that was Alex & Jim's album.  BTW does that
Griot's Garage aluminum socket really protect chrome lugs as
advertised?
I finally got the chromies for my car and want to protect them.

Carlos
95 M3 TechniPolish Fikses with chrome lugs, finally
___________________

Carlos, I had one of those Griot's Garage aluminum sockets.  They are
made w/ an aluminum insert in a stainless steel sleeve.  Great concept.
However, here in the real world -- well, at least in my driveway -- the
insert slipped w/in the sleeve, and the lugs didn't loosen.  Fortunately,
Griot's has a great return policy.  Now, that was over a year ago, and
those sockets are still in the catalog, so maybe they've improved them in
the meantime.  Therefore, YMMV.

Chad Klingbeil
Minneapolis, MN
95 M3