Turbos?

ERAMing aside, I understand that turbos are the best way to go to
produce power.

Korman and others want thousands for compressors and complete setups
while I know these parts can be had new for MUCH less for other cars
withe similar displacement.  Can the digest please give me information
regarding setting up a turbo system with, say, a compressor from a 2.2L
turbo from a Chrysler Turbo II which can be had for less than a thousand
bucks?  I've got the 2.5L 325i engine and want more power.  O.K.  fuel
system needs to be boosted...compression should be alright since it's
already around 8.5:1 for low boost...and maybe a knock sensor and boost
cutoff valve.  Any suggestions?  I think this would be a fun project,
especially if it were to yield results!

Thanks...

Dan