Re: <ALL>TSBs and Recalls available BA

>Date: 10 Dec 98 15:51:13 +0200
>From: "Sarelius Sami" <sami.sarelius@domain.elided>
>Subject: <ALL>TSBs and Recalls available
>
>Check this website http://www.alldata.tsb.com/consumer/. Useful
information
>through access to BMW (and other) factory recalls and technical service
bulletins is now >available for free. The free test period lasts 60
days=
>- -Sami

Sami, thanks very much for tripling my workload for the next 3 weeks.

ALLDATA SUCKS !!!!!

Just to confirm that they have not  changed their system of supplying
bullshit info, I just went in and asked for recalls on a 94 740iL.
They list 3 safety recalls, one of which is nothing more than a bulletin
telling dealers how to obtain new recall stickers.
They list 1 emissions recall, which is the same goddam bulletin as
above.
Then they list 155 Service bulletins, of which, maybe, 30 are of any
informative value to owners.
In that list of 155 service bulletins are instructions on how to operate
certain functions of the BMW service test computer, or special tools,
some of which are not even relevant to the model selected, and certainly
of no use to an owner.
There is even a bulletin listed on converting the R12 to R134a in the
air conditioning.  The 740 NEVER had R12 !!!!

ALLDATA SUCKS, their information is wrong, or misleading.

Please do not inundate me with questions about bulletins (AGAIN).

Brett Anderson
BMW and ASE master technician
http://frontpage.bestweb.net/~bretta

Please include all correspondence when replying
to avoid confusion - Thank you