RE: tire rotation

The difference in camber between the front end and the rear will result
in a different wear pattern on the tires. If you wait until you can see
the different wear pattern from front to rear, it is already too late.
On my 87 535is, swapping tires at that point yields scary handling,
random direction changes, and very bad tramlining. From my experience,
rotating every 6000 miles - two oil changes - will avoid uneven wear,
but retire a full set after about 25000 miles. On the other hand, I can
run the fronts for about 35000 miles, and buy two rear tires every 10000
miles, with no rotation, and, according to BMW, retain better handling
once the tires wear in. The latter method costs about 60% more on
$/mile. Your money, your choice.

YMMV

Clark