Y2K and e34 handling upgrade question

I'm new, this has probably been asked.
Are our fine machines going to continue to motivate after year 2000. With
all the computer controls I just was not sure.

I would like to improve the handling on a 90 535i. I do not want it lowered
if I can help it and I'm too cheap to go with 16 or 17" wheels. I do not
autocross or do drivers schools but would like to improve it some what for
my regular driving. I added Bilstiens and have Yoko a509's(both gave good
improvement).

Mike
90 535i almost 200k trying to make 500
92 325i wife's black car need washing too much