Re: bad (rattling) cats

In a message dated 12/9/98 7:52:23 PM !!!First Boot!!!, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<< From: Michael_Bird@domain.elided
 Subject: Re: Bad cats

 The post on the rattling cats and the response by Larry prompted by poor
 little worn-out brain to remember that both cats on my '97 740 were
 replaced shortly after I bought it, and I had complained about the
 rattling. >>

~~~ Yup, me too. See my story on Page 6 of the new December Roundel. 840ci
cats baffles (internal) broke loose at about 6K miles. Replaced under
warranty. Seems the cats used on the 4.4 litre motors are the culprit. (the
97' 840ci uses the 4.4 motor, too)

Randy
cookies@domain.elided
BMW CCA member