$485(sigla) vs $903(oem) for new windshield on 95 740i...which one?

Steve,
I just had a toyota truck windshield replaced and the glass guy told me that
all the glass is manufactured by 2 or 3 companies worldwide.  When you get
OEM glass they simply private label the same piece of glass from the same
place, so save your money !
He did tell me that you can buy two kinds of glass, regular and premium.
The difference being that premium is hand selected off the assembly line for
'perfect' optical clarity.  The installers opinion was that glass is glass
is glass and that he always laughs belly laughs when he listens to volvo
owners insist on glass with a 'volvo' logo.............which is the same
glass @ 25% premium !  ( I won't tell him we BMW owners have the same
concerns !)

If your still not convinced, I'd call a local glass company and speak with
then directly (or email me and I'll give you my guys #)

Drive on

DWR
89 535i/5sp
Glock 30 .45ACP (keeps the unwashed from parking too close to my car <grin>)