$485(sigla) vs $903(oem) for new windshield on 95 740i...which one?

I need a new windshield on my 740i due to a huge rock chip and am wondering
which glass to go with, as I have ACV (Actual Cash Value) coverage on my
car for comprehensive.  If my insurance company will go with the oem glass,
is this really worth twice as much?  The guy at the glass place said it's
the same exact glass, and they would "never sell a windshield with any
distortion in it".  Is it the same?  What do you all recommend - Sigla or
OEM glass? ($485 vs $903!).  BTW, my windshield is so pitted after only 4
years of use, that when the sun shines on it at the end of the day, it is
REALLY hard to see out of it.  Is this because the OEM windshields are
soft?

Thanks for the response on doing away with the chimes noise...looks like
you can't isolate just the 37 degrees chime, but must disconnect all the
chimes in order to get rid of that one.  It's all or nothing.

Steve Robinson
1995 740i (Sorely in need of a new windshield)
1988 911  (The cheapest replacement windshield I could find for this one is
$1076!!!  I need a new one of these too at some point soon -
                 lots of pitting)