V1 in Virginia

R.E.M wrote,,,
One word of caution.  You will be breaking the VA state law by using or even
carrying the V1 through VA.  To comply with the law you must not have access
to the power supply or simply carry it in your trunk.

This is absolutely correct. I got snagged in Norfolk on my way to the beach a few years
back.  I got hassled a bit and the cop told me that he could take
the detector. He showed me the VG-2 and plugged in my detector in his car and
the VG-2 went nuts.  He eventually returned the detector, cause I fessed up
and admitted to having it right away. The cop said he keeps them if he gets
any guff.....
  BTW, the cop also said " I think you were speeding too, but I was more concerned about
your radar detector"!!!!!!
    I had been keeping up with the jones', goin' 75 plus......
  The ticket was $56.00.
  Mark Williams
  Dallas, TX
  91 ///M3