V1 in Virginia

>>Darren, Don't even turn it on in Virginia. If they detect it on, even with
it on the floor, I have heard of them turning around, pulling over the car &
>>confiscating the radar detector & giving them a ticket.

>I thought the V1 was undetectable to police. VR-2 protection or something
like that.

True.  V1 (at least the version that I have)  is not detectable by police
VG-2 sniffers in VA.  I have been using mine daily in VA for the past year
or so, and never been stopped by VA police.   That means that I've been
really lucky this year or it really is undetectable.  I have been pulled
over by police about 6 yrs ago when I had an el chipo Uniden detector and
the officer actually searched my car and harassed me for it.  I was still a
college kid back then pissing in my pants.  I wouldn't let him search my car
now.

One word of caution.  You will be breaking the VA state law by using or even
carrying the V1 through VA.  To comply with the law you must not have access
to the power supply or simply carry it in your trunk.

R.E.M.