brakes

Does anybody have any advice as to treating/cleaning brakes in order to prep
for painting.
I have a 90 325is with 16" Hartges, but my rusted (or oxidized if you
prefer) calipers and hub are detracting from the good looks.  Powder coating
is a bit to expensive of an option so I think I'm going to paint them with a
high temp paint.  I just need to know how to prep for the paint.
Also, if anyone has done this, I would love to hear your experiences and
possible paint recommendations.
Thanks so much,
Josh Murray
L.A. Chapter