Re: problems with e36 wheels on e36 323 ?

I put a set of MContour wheels on my 1998 E36 328i and have had no problems
at all.  The fronts are 17x7.5s with 225/45/17s, and the rears are 17x8.5s
with 245/40/17s. They tuck right in and do not rub.

There are a few other suspension parts that are different between the M3
and standard E36.  These are

Front:	strut/spring bearing plate, anti-roll bar linkages (attach to strut,
rather than control arm), spring pads, reinforced lower control arm
bushings, reinforced steering knuckles, reinforced lower control arms
Rear: 	reinforced trailing arms

A post yesterday pointed out that the M3 has different front camber/caster
angles due to its different strut/spring bearing plates.  The revised
anti-roll bar mounting point makes them more effective.  The other upgraded
components seem to be geared more to durability rather than performance.

Jay Sala
BMW CCA, Golden Gate Chapter
328i