Re: Audi vs BMW

> Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 17:33:00 -0500
> From: "Gary Bossert" <mpower@domain.elided>
> Subject: Re: Audi Vs BMW
>
> I guess 90% of the cars at BMW driver schools were garbage in stock form
> since their owners modify them with chips and suspensions etc...

Audi owners would chip and modify their cars too but the tuners in the US are so
few and far between that it's cost prohibitive.

Neither Audi or BMW makes the "ultimate" all season car - it just ain't possible.
RWD BMWs are better dry weather handling but are unpredictable in wet or snowy
weather.  AWD Audis are very predicable in all weather but the added weight and
their front wheel drive bias makes them sluggish in dry handling.

Prior to purchasing my BMW, I seriously considered an Audi V8.  In retrospect I'm
glad I opted for the BMW.  Audi parts prices rival only Porsche in price and
availability and their reliability maintains their reputation as VW's Sister
Company.

Lastly, this unfortunate adage still holds true:  What does the Audi symbol stand
for?  It's resale value.
- --
Matthew Yip
mgyip@domain.elided