Re: 320HP M Roadster?

>  With all the talk of a 'world' E46 M3 complete with 320HP engine, can a
>  320HP M Roadster and Coupe be far behind?  Surely they will use the same
>  motor for all 3 series M cars, no?

They exist, I've seen them, and they're sweet.  And no, they won't be sold in
the US anytime soon (ever).  The M Roadster and M Coupe in Europe have the
Evolution M3's 321 double Vanos motor, and go for about 41,000 pounds here in
the UK.

As for whether or not the NEW, E46 M3 motor will ever find it's way into these
cars, who knows?  That's a long way off (2000 maybe), and from what the guys
at M day said will most likely be 3.4 liter engine with about 350 horsepower,
not 320 to start.

And then we'll have the similar issue of the first cars being OBDII, and the
later cars being OBDIII.  I'll take the type II variety please!

Tim Leithead
'95 M3, Avus Blue