Re:<e23> Help? Buying '83 733i.

Karel,
Seems like a fair price if..
The HVAC on these cars is very poor and can be expense to
fix
or upgrade, check to see if the air-conditioning is working,
this might be a little rough in December, especially in
Canada, but you may not be using that at all. There usually
isn't a problem with the heaters.
Next the front end bushings may need replacing, this would
cause shimmy at high speeds, easy fix, fairly cheap and will
increase ride quite a bit.
Self levelling shocks, expensive to fix, most do away with
and go with regular shocks.
The automatic transmission and driveshaft, both seem to need
replacing/rebuilding at around 150,000 miles so check to see
if this has been done already.
The leather seats are quite expensive to replace.
Other problems more common to all BMW - brake bomb, water
pump, brake rotors warping, horsehair seats and other things
that you would expect a car with high miles to need.
And always, always check for rust.

The seven series digest can help you out alot more than this
one, I am trying to sell my 83 733i and over the past few
years they have been an invaluable resource to me, always
very helpful, and almost never a flame war.

John Futch
83 733i still for sale pics avalible upon request
85 528e