resale value like ........... ohhhh lets see a .......BMW .

Norm Siegenthaler
97M3

In a message dated 12/6/98 7:11:56 PM Pacific Standard Time, owner-bmw-
digest@domain.elided writes:

<<
 Date: Sun, 6 Dec 1998 22:01:00 -0500
 From: "Gary Bossert" <mpower@domain.elided>
 Subject: Audi Vs BMW

 David,
 Sorry but I gotta disagree with you on the Audi rant.  First, you can't
 compare an A4 to a 535 with a Dinan suspension to boot.  I paid well under
 30k for my A4 1.9tQ and what I got for the money far surpasses the new 323i
 (in my opinion of course).  My A4 with a $500 chip has between 200 and 210
 horsepower and will run 0-60 dead even with the 328 and will trounce the
 323 and even the A4 2.8.  The sport suspension on the Audi is great too but
 I upgraded to Bilsteins and Eibachs because I wanted an even firmer ride.
 I guarantee you that my A4 will out-handle your 535.  My car weighs 3200
 lbs. which I think is less than yours too.  I won't even get into the cars
 capabilities on snow and ice.  Even BMWs with traction are sleds.  So far I
 have 12,000 miles on the Audi and have had not even one minor problem with
 it which is more than I can say about any of the BMWs I have owned.  I
 drove the 323i and I thought it was a slug and it leaned far too much.  The
 paint quality was horrible and I'm not crazy about the styling either.  For
 the money, the A4 is a better car. Until the A4 I laughed at Audis but I
 think they have done their homework and made big improvements while BMW
 rested on its laurels.  I know it's not spiritual guidance but it's another
 opinion.  If you are looking for spiritual guidance then you need to take a
 vacation with Duane and the rest of the Bubbas....after a few cases of
 Rolling Rock on the beach all becomes clear (in a hazy sort of way).

 Gary Bossert
 Lots of BMWs built before 1992 :-)
 Audi A4