Re: Audi Vs BMW

Gary Bossert wrote:

> Sorry but I gotta disagree with you on the Audi rant.  First, you
can't
> compare an A4 to a 535 with a Dinan suspension to boot.  I paid well
under
> 30k for my A4 1.9tQ and what I got for the money far surpasses the new
323i
> (in my opinion of course).  My A4 with a $500 chip has between 200 and
210
> horsepower and will run 0-60 dead even with the 328 and will trounce
the
> 323 and even the A4 2.8.  The sport suspension on the Audi is great
too but
> I upgraded to Bilsteins and Eibachs because I wanted an even firmer
ride.
> I guarantee you that my A4 will out-handle your 535.  My car weighs
3200
> lbs. which I think is less than yours too.  I won't even get into the
cars
> capabilities on snow and ice.  Even BMWs with traction are sleds.  So
far I
> have 12,000 miles on the Audi and have had not even one minor problem
with
> it which is more than I can say about any of the BMWs I have owned.  I

> drove the 323i and I thought it was a slug and it leaned far too much.

Gary,

It sounds as though you're trying to compare a modified (engine and
suspension) all-wheel-drive Audi against a stock 2-wheel-drive BMW.  I'm
not surprised the modified one comes out on top.  If the Audi was so
good, why did you put in a chip and a suspension?  Put a suspension and
a chip on an E46 323i, then do your comparison again.  At least you'll
be closer to apples and apples.

Evan