Koni vs Bilstein

I am driving an E36 325i with the H&R OEM sport springs, and I opted to go
with the Koni adjustables.  I live in a DC suburb, which featues some less
than comfortable roads, and I wanted something a little softer than the
Bilsteins that I sampled on my neighbor's car.  I'm not sure if it was his
bump stops talking, or the shocks themselves, but the Konis are a nice
compromise in comfort/performance over stock.  I originally set mine to "3"
all the way around, but I would love to stiffen them one more notch if I
ever get the time/motivation to open up the back of my car (fronts are
adjustable while in the car, backs aren't).

If you live on smooth roads, you may be happier with the hard ride of the
Bilsteins.  In the Pothole minefields of Suburban Washington DC, I'm glad I
went with Konis.

Marc Plante
E36 325i, 113k
Alexandria, VA