Buying a New BMW

>Date: Tue, 1 Dec 1998 22:02:51 EST
>From: Osbcso@domain.elided
>Subject: Buying a New BMW
>
>After taking my father down to Spartenburg for the M Day USA festivities last
>month, he has now caught the "Bimmer" fever.  He wants a 1999 528i.
>
>I have had two BMWs and never bought new.  Other than shopping local dealers,
>what other means are out there to get a good deal?  One local dealer came
out,
>without us asking, that they would be only willing to reduce the sticker
price
>by 3% and that's it.  Big deal!!!  I am a tough customer when it comes
down to
>price, which is probably why I have bought used.
>
>Anyone use Steve Diamond, other Roundel wholesale pricers???   How about Fred
>Opert Racing...Euro delivery???  Is Fred Opert cheaper than buying through a
>BMW dealer and picking up at the factory in Munich???
>
>I would be willing to drive/fly anywhere on the USA East coast to central to
>pick up the car.
>
>Is BMW coming out with any Club member rebates for new BMW purchases???  Vic
>Doolan I believe mentioned this at M Day USA.
>
>Your ideas are appreciated.
>
>Thanks...Chris Osborne

Yea, a new BMW is very addicting.  in fact, we are about to get our second
new one in 6 months!  I used Steve Diamond for both cars - and have been
EXTREMELY SATISFIED.  I am somewhat in the industry and can negotiate, but
Steve always seems to get a better deal - AND IT IS NO HASSLE FOR YOU!!!!!
I bought the 540i/6m through him for Euro Delivery and saved about $8K.
His prices were much better than any local or even Fred Opert.  Steve is a
pleasure to deal with and a bargain.

There is an owner appreciation loyalty program out now that gives you
$500-$1500 back if you have been a member of the CCA for over a year -
GREAT DEAL.

BTW:  Thanks to all of you have already taken the time to fill out my
survey.  And for those of you who have not, please do at:
http://www-scf.usc.edu/~otoupali/552/survey.htm

Thanks
Bradley J. Otoupalik