Buying a New BMW

After taking my father down to Spartenburg for the M Day USA festivities last
month, he has now caught the "Bimmer" fever.  He wants a 1999 528i.

I have had two BMWs and never bought new.  Other than shopping local dealers,
what other means are out there to get a good deal?  One local dealer came out,
without us asking, that they would be only willing to reduce the sticker price
by 3% and that's it.  Big deal!!!  I am a tough customer when it comes down to
price, which is probably why I have bought used.

Anyone use Steve Diamond, other Roundel wholesale pricers???   How about Fred
Opert Racing...Euro delivery???  Is Fred Opert cheaper than buying through a
BMW dealer and picking up at the factory in Munich???

I would be willing to drive/fly anywhere on the USA East coast to central to
pick up the car.

Is BMW coming out with any Club member rebates for new BMW purchases???  Vic
Doolan I believe mentioned this at M Day USA.

Your ideas are appreciated.

Thanks...Chris Osborne

End of bmw-digest V9 #617