drivers training put on by the bmwcca

>i am looking forward to joining the car club, but i had a few questions
>about the drivers training/schools put on.  First of all, how much are
>they?i hope they areny like some other schools at $900 for 3 days or more
>=). also, will there be room for novices like me? or is it mainly focused on
>making great drivers even better? thanks a lot.

I think price may vary by region/chapter, but here in the Golden Gate
Chapter, the schools are two days for ~$300. Best deal going.

As far as accepting novices, YOU BETCHA. There's usually one entire run
group called "Novice" just for...well...novices :-) The schools' focus is
to make all drivers better, novice and advanced alike.

I took my first school in May of this year and was HOOKED. I've since done
3 more schools, and am preparing my application for the first GGC school of
1999 at Thunderhill (which I've driven twice before).

There's a basic school overview (as it pertains to the Thunderhill school) at:
http://www.ggc-bmw-cca.org/DrivingEvents/DrivingSchools/thunderhill99.htm

I'm sure other chapters have good info as well. You can start at the main
BMW CCA site at: http://www.bmwcca.org/

Hope that helps,
Jim Bassett
Walnut Creek, CA