<E28> M5 Windshield (Follow-up)

Thanks to all who e-mailed me with suggestions and "very useful" information.
I decided to have the windshield "repaired" instead of replacing it just
now...It came out very nice ...merely a tiny "pin hole" left. Didn't cost me a
thing either.

Eventually, I will have to replace the windshield as it has several pits and
the gas has leaked around the edges(or whatever it is)...but It's "Original"
for now!!! and I can live with it.

The experiences of Digesters varied as to whether to go for German vs. US
glass.

The cost of BMW dealer replacement wasn't that bad...about $261 for the OEM
Glass(including the new black trim I requested)...plus 3 hrs. labor
(@$60/hr.).
Of course it will only cost me $50 (deductable) when I decide to replace the
glass.

The replacement with US glass at the auto glass places ran around $250
installed.

I hope this info is useful to some...Thanks again for all of you who offered
assistance!

Happy ///Motoring,

John Weese
BMW CCA#76646