E30 ball joints & control arms

Rob,
I had the ball joints replaced separately on my '91 318is two or three
years ago. Most mechanics say that you can't do it because they hate
doing it. They cost around $70 ish, if I recall correctly.

The '90-'91 E30 M3 came with aluminum control arms, and I know that they
fit on any E30, but I think that you have to change most of the
peripherals as well (hubs, sway bars, links, etc.).

According to the Mitchell Collision Estimating Guide, the BMW part
numbers for the control arms are 31 12 1 127 726 (right) and 31 12 1 127
725 (left). I think that is the aluminum version, because this book is
from '95, and I believe that BMW no longer supplies steel arms for M3s.

Or I could be wrong.
I hope this helps anyhow.
- --
Do Svedanya!
Neil & Kim Hitze
'91 318is --just left half of the coolant tonight on Illinois I74 at
Urbana after the water pump blew up!
            We had to have it flatbedded 150 miles back home, at 10.30
pm ($140).
'85 318i
Valleyview State Home
     for the
 Incurably Artistic

"... the underdog will eventually survive..."--Colin James Hay