Re: <STEBRO> bad experience

At 07:26 AM 11/24/98 -0500, Kim wrote:
<stuff snipped>
>Several weeks later I get a shipment from Stebro.  The packing slip
>indicates everything is there.  The owner of a local garage lets me
>in on Saturday so I can do my own work.  As I am taking the old
>exhaust off, I am also unwrapping the package from Stebro.
>
>SURPRISE!!!
>Only 2 exhaust sections - not 3!
>
>What has transpired since then is Stebro promising 3 ship dates for
>the front section - and not one date has been met.  My 535i has been
>off the road for 3 months - I have a driving school coming up - and
>needless to say I am NOT happy.

Kim,

Sorry to hear of your problem.  I'm sure you have learned from this but in
case others missed a very important point, here it is.

Never take the old parts off of your car before checking that all of new
parts are there, and that they are what you ordered.  It only takes one
time to totally screw up your life...okay, maybe a little dramatic.  You
must have started cutting the old stuff off before checking the package.  I
bet you never do that again 8^).

FWIW

Jerry Chyo
'88 M5
'72 tii

PS Hasn't it been quite since the 'Bubba's' signed off for their weeks of
self imposed exile?