blue lights

See below.  Is the jury still out?

David D. Beatty

	-----Original Message-----
	From:	Drew Ragan [SMTP:drewragan@domain.elided]
	Sent:	Monday, November 23, 1998 5:39 PM
	To:	David Beatty
	Cc:	mr2-interest@domain.elided
	Subject:	Re: MR2 blue lights

	This is incorrect!!  I am in the Coast Guard - we are switching
from red lights to blue for the sole fact that blue is the last color
your eyes see before you get full night vision.  look at any color chart
and see that it starts with white - red is between the white and the
center of the spectrum - the closest color to blach that is useable with
lighting is what color?  Blue!  Blue is the best color for night reading
with the least effect of hurting your night vision.  As for the military
- - blue is in the process of phasing out the red lights!!
	drew
	93NA