E28 M5 Stebro exhaust impression

A short update for those considering Stebro.  I have been driving around
for a week or so with a new Stebro cat-back exhaust on my M5.

On the plus side: the system appears to be well made, and I think it
sounds great.  Not too loud under throttle, with a more pronounced growl
at lower rpms.  Much more tolerable for my tastes when compared to a
Triflow I heard on the same type of car.  I didn't bother to do any
before/after tests on acceleration since I was not counting on real hp
gains, but the car feels quicker than before (with the Split Second
system slightly re-adjusted).  It is probably because I was driving my
VW a lot while waiting for parts and having the system installed ;)

Negatives: It took a long time to get the correct parts from Stebro and
they didn't seem totally organized; they had shipped a 535i center
section and it took a while to get the correct M5 center section in
place.  In any case the customer service was very pleasant; I guess one
just needs to be patient when dealing with smaller companies that have
to do things on the fly.  I am very pleased with the final product.

Anand Shah
88 M5
93 Corrado SLC