Don't park under a tree either! (parking posts cont.)

I missed 4 days of digests so I don't know if anyone brought this up, and
excuse me if this is redundant, but the day I read all those posts on how
to park, what to look for, etc, to avoid door dings whenever possible... I
drove to work, parked next to a curb like suggested to avoid the other
car's door opening into my passenger door, and I was only in the building
for 20 minutes, but when I came out, there was enough bird droppings (with
wild berries in them) all over the front, side and top of the car to make
you want to cry!  Unfortunately, I was in a rush and didn't have time to
wash it off, plus, I forgot to keep a spare set of paper towels and water
bottle in the trunk to clean this mess off when it occasionally happens,
(Hint, Hint - keep this in your trunk!).  This all happened because I
parked under a tree that must have been a haven to birds that recently
feasted on wild berries.  I wish I had thought about this, as there was
just as good a spot across the lot without any trees overhead, thus
avoiding these bird droppings, which can be hell on your paint if they bake
on there for a few days in the hot sun in a place on your car that you
couldn't see.  I went on a 5 day trip shortly after this and forgot to
clean this mess off, luckily the car is garaged and recently waxed, so the
colorful droppings came off fairly easily with a wet paper towel.  On my
previous car, without the quality finish I have now, these droppings would
have stained the heck out of the car's finish. Just my 2 cents.

Steve Robinson
1995 740i Aspen Silver/Grey (will no longer be parking under a tree!)
1988 911 Carrera Venetian Blue/Blue