Nikasil M60 Testing?

 I am in South SF Bay area (low sulphur) but the car was first leased and
lived in Miami (high sulphur?) so I am a bit concerned.  I stopped by the
local BMW dealer and asked about the problems with the Nikasil M60 engine
and the extended engine warranty.  The service advisor I spoke with said he
was unaware of the problem but would talk with the service manager.

On his return,  I was told they will perform an oil leak test and a
comprehensive idle test (1.5hrs shop time).  The oil leak test comprises an
oil and filter change followed by a level recheck in 750 miles. The cost
for the two is approx. $200.00.  The extended engine warranty was not
mentioned and I will follow up on that issue with them.  The service
manager, the advisor conferred with made me feel a bit uncomfortable.  He
may be a genuine nice guy, just an initial impression.

The idle is a little lumpy, I am told this is due to the performance nature
of the car (cam timing).  I am building a performance engine for my MGB and
I know smooth idle and performance are one of the trade offs.

Questions:

1. Do the tests and cost sound reasonable?  Should they be doing something
else?
2. When does the lumpy nature of a performance car turn to rough?
3. Am I just too worried?

I have had a compression test performed recently with within-spec results.

Thanks,

John Fagerlund
'95 540iA, BMWeee