RE: WOB - SUV merits

Jan -

I gotta disagree with your statement below. Simple fact and experience.
Traction distributed across twice the contact patch can get you up
steeper grades, and get you off to a start from a dead stop in deeper
snow, than a rear wheel drive car. Of course, as in all debates, I might
have the definition of "beaten" wrong. If you define "beaten" as more
fun driving around in an oversteer condition, you are absolutely
correct.

On the other hand, my definition of four wheel drive, when the driver is
not so skilled: it enables you to get stuck much deeper that you can
with only one pair of wheels providing traction.

Clark

	[Clark Gilbert]  <edit> .

> However, power at all four corners cannot be beaten by a rear wheel
> drive
> vehicle with equivalent driver skills.  Period.

	[Clark Gilbert]  <edit>