E28 M5 (E34 M5) Squishy brakes

Hey guys,

I replaced the fluid and pads this weekend with Metal Masters and Castrol
Dot 4.  I used one of those One-Man bleeders (the type that attaches to the
bleed valve and has a valve at the other end that allows fluid to flow out,
but not in).

I did the bleed until clean fluid flowed out of each wheel going from the
closest brake to the furthest (I know this is against conventional wisdom,
but the FAQ's advised doing it this way and it makes sense to me).  You
should have seen how cloudy the old fluid was.  Yuk!

I now have squishy brakes and I'm hoping to isolate the problem.  It could
be 3 things as I see it:

1. Crappy bleed job
2. Diff between Metal Masters and Jurids
3. ABS

The 3rd is because I have read that you need a special tool to bleed car's
with ABS, and I don't have this tool.  Or could it be that my brake lines
are that bad (83k miles).  They didn't feel this squishy prior to the work
so I kind of ruled this out.

Watcha got for me list 8^)?

Thanks much

Jerry Chyo