Re: <E36> M3 exhaust advice

Chris wrote:
>Does anyone have positive and/or negative stories to share
>about the "es tuning" M3 exhausts?

I have a couple o' stories.  Two of my neighbors, the CRX guy and the
Turbo Z guy probably hate my guts b/c I set off their 'too sensitive'
car alarms whenever I drive by, of course it would help if I didn't
rev the engine when I go by their cars. hee...hee

But really the exhaust isn't as loud as say... the burbling & booming
(b&b) Tri-flo.  It does have a little bit of resonance at about 2,000
rpms in low gears but you'll get over it.

I dynoed my car wanting to see what the euro HFM was doing for it and
the ES exhaust happened to be along for the ride, I know that's not
what you're asking for but at least I didn't loose any HP.  Mine
dynoed at 222hp at the wheels, and using 21% loss, that's 268hp at the
flywheel.  I didn't make up the 21%, that's what Jim C said it was.

Now if you were paying close attention, Lew Dreisinger advertised his
yesterday for $200, what-a-deal!  And one more story, Jim Fikse (of
Fikse wheel fame) judged a sound off between me and Lew and he said
the 3.2L motor sounded throatier than my 3.0L both with the ES Tuning
exhaust.

Carlos
Seattle
95 M3 ES Tuning exhaust, Euro HFM, Fikse wheels.