Re: 535is Clutch - Need info quickly

If the clutch is real stiff, it's worn and needs replacing.  The E28 clutch is
on the heavy side to start with.  It's borderline high perf. to handle all the
torque of the engine.  A manual with the M30 3.5l "i" engine is not a commuter
type clutch.  Your knee will hurt after an hour in stop and go traffic.  Mine
does.  That why I bought a small truck w/auto for commuting.  But on the track
or auto-x, you'll love this clutch.  It's solid, has good engage/lockup and
will last a long time.  I got 130k miles out of my original clutch on and '88 535iS.

Take Care,
Russ