Beer and BMW Builders

Someone wrote:  >>>2. Octoberfest is a gathering of 30 million
>people in Munich alone, where 30 million liters of suds are consumed over
>a two week period - the worlds largest beer party. With the proximity to
>Regensberg and Dingolfing, I'd have to guess a fair number of attendees
>are also the ones assembling our cars. I think I'd avoid any BMW with a
>build date in October.<<

Then Andrew wrote:  >>>>Many promient Munich institutions, including the
local pro soccer club and BMW, have their own special areas set up for
their own employees to imbibe.<<

Andrew probably has more recent information that I do. I've heard that BMW
AG manufacturing employees now have to drink their beer in designated
areas. When I toured the factory in 1990, they still ad one employee whose
job it was to travel throughout the plant and pick up the empty beer
bottles, which, coincidentally, were also all over the plant. We were told
that beer breaks were in the union contracts of many workers in Bavaria.
Just one more reason why Bavaria was always my favorite German state.

Prosit.

Scott
(With empty brown beer bottles scattered throughout my garage, to make the
M3 feel at home.)