Re: Sequential Transmission

I don't know how much this applies to the BMW sequential gearbox. I was
looking into a sequential gearbox for a project race car of mine and was
told that the sequential box or more accurately (sequential actuator) that
is used in race cars is not really suitable for a street car. Generally, the
sequential change is applied to a race box without synchro (dog gears).  The
downside to this is that it hammers the synchros on a road transmission and
results in frequent rebuilds to replace synchro cones because the worn parts
cause jumping out of gear. I've also been told that the more horsepower you
apply to the equation the faster the wear and tear comes. How does the BMW
sequential box differ? Have you guys checked out racelogic in the U.K.? They
have some great traction control stuff among other things.

Cheers!
- -Mack Norris
mnorris@domain.elided