Tuning, Times and Dyno's

    I have noticed when a acceleration test is done by a magazine
or "consumer report", the device used is a bicycle type wheel which
is strapped along side. Of course  the object being with a simple
revolution over time type output, with a computer to slice & dice
data. This to me seems very accurate, whether its acceleration or
braking these numbers should be as consistent as it gets.
    The problem with stopwatches are obvious with 1/4 or 1/2
seconds on the line. Do you think your thumb is that accurate?
    The best part is the ability to test different cars and compare
numbers quickly such as at a track event -- say P'fest.

    I have searched the net with no luck on finding said device.
Perhaps one you know the proper name or have access for a weekend.

Finally, to truly test PERFORMANCE gains for every UUC or
POS with no dyno BS.

- --Martin
'93 325isa
P.S. if this device is inaccurate please explain why.