Borbet wheels/Tire Rack, one person's opinion

Michael,

I have a set of Borbet Type-H wheels in 15", from The Tire Rack, and the
only thing that I have that even comes close to resembling anything that
might be mistaken for a complaint is that they are heavier than stock
(5# more, with tires), but, I did go from 195/65/14 to 205/55/15, and
that's where most of it comes from.
I knew that before purchase, and I was, and am, fine with that.
- ---the opinion begins here--
The finish on them _was_ flawless! The wrong person drove it once, and
only once.
I'm anal about that sort of thing, too.
The difference was instantly noticeable and appreciated.
- ---the opinion ends here---
The Tire Rack folks were helpful, knowledgeable, and all that, to boot!
(and they host great autocrosses)
Yes, there are a dozen brands of equal quality to Borbet, but I don't
have any of them (other than the stock BBS), so I'll let someone else
compare and contrast.

>Michael Stano asks:

>I have a 1985 528e which we bought new.  With 110K miles, the original factory
>14" wheels look bad.  I finally have permission (!) to replace the wheels with
>15" or 16".  The Tire Rack has some Borbert 5-spoke wheels I like and can
>afford.  Any opinions about Borbert quailty?  16" wheels and tires cost only
>about $100 more than 15" wheels and tires.  Would 16" look out of scale on a
>528e (hard to tell on Wheel Rack shots)?

>TIA for any input.

You're welcome.

- --
Do Svedanya!
Neil & Kim Hitze
'91 318is -- Sharked, d/SS, etc. 15" Borbet/Dunlops stolen from the '85
'85 318i -- now slummin' with the 14' BBS's (sigh)
icq #19044425
Valleyview State Home
     for the
 Incurably Artistic

"... the underdog will eventually survive..."--Colin James Hay